Sunday, April 13, 2008

What type of cruiser are you?

Cruise lines offer luxury, if you are willing to pay. That's one of the nice things about cruising ... there's something available for everyone. Poor graduate students can pay to be served well for a week, and CEOs or other high-rollers can pay obscene amounts to be absolutely pampered.

I was able to cruise in a small suite on the Grandeur ... that was nice. Of course, there was no extra service to go along with this, just a larger room with a huge balcony and a tub. It was a fun experience, and now I know what an aft balcony is like (HOT).

In the future, however, I'm going to be sticking to standard rooms (at least until I get a "real" job ... something I always would have imagined happening by now). I enjoy being on the sea, the open air, and the sound of the waves. I'd rather take two cheap cruises in inside rooms and experience this for 14 days as opposed to 7 days with nicer digs. Maybe this is the first sign of becoming a cruise addict ... only caring that you are on a boat, not which one and not where at.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, I really like your site. I can't belive more people havent put their 2 cents in...
I love cruising...as many people do. And yes, I do compare my land vacations to a cruise..and think..
"i wouldnt have to be looking for a good restaurant on a cruise"...etc etc..Everytime there is a concert or a play that I might be interested in....I think..."hmmm, I could save that for a shore excursion and be gone for a week"...its crazy!!!

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this site, and am glad I found it on cruise critic from one of your posts (i used the link)... I truly love to cruise and feel it is the best bang for the buck and would rather take 2 cruises w/an inside cabin than one with all the bells and whistles....ask me in a few years and I might change my mind on that ;-) Everyone could use a little spoiling every now and then. There must be some kind of free upgrade or free points to get to the next level w/out breaking the bank, right?

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home