Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Why I love cruising ....



Time for a clip show already ... ;) I pulled this post from my other blog because I think it fits rather nicely.

___

You are on a ship at sea. Gently rocking. Gently rocking .... sorry, had to quote The Natural.

It is quite simple why I love cruising. Imagine that you are living for a week on a floating city. While onboard, you are not only steps away from your room, you are also steps away from shopping, keroke, discos, stage shows, pools, sun bathing, and more food than you've ever seen or eaten in your life. What's more more, these items are all free to use at your leisure. At any time during the week, food like pizza is available, 24 hours a day. During meal hours, there is a dining room, a buffet, a grill, a sandwich shop, sushi ... you name it, you can probably find it. Again, prety much all-inclusive.

Enough about food. Not only does this floating city offer everything you need, it also stops at beautiful ports of call. You can travel the Caribbean without worrying about tons of driving, flights, or drinking the water. What's more, your cabin is your refuge, your place to go to relax after a long day of relaxing. No worries about having a martini with dinner or a cognac with your cigar ... the captain is doing the driving. You also meet people from around the world. I've talked with people from Germany, France, England, and South America ... as well as a lot of people from all around the United States.

Now, think about a room in a resort area ... a room with a view. Perhaps the nicest view I've ever seen in a hotel room was in the Westin Maui, and that was because the beach and ocean was visible, as well as cruise ships passing by. That room ran at $350 a night (for 3 people). Assuming you cruise with a window or balcony, you almost always have an ocean view. Granted the room is a bit smaller than that Maui room, but at around $100-$150/night/person, the price is comparable, but includes food, transportation, and entertainment.

My favorite moment on a cruise thus far is a private one. It is strolling along the top deck at night, alone, with the only sound the waves crashing against the bow. The stars are out, the wind ruffles my hair and clothes, and the smell of salt water fills my nostrils. As I gaze out at the endless ocean, I wonder if I'm seeing water that perhaps no one has ever laid eyes on before.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Annie said...

Hi Chris, I've enjoyed reading many of your posts on your blog. I got here through Cruise Critic, although there it said your name was something else (Bob something 007). Don't remember. You are a good writer and I have learned a lot from reading your blog. I've never been on a cruise yet, although I would dearly love to. My biggest question to you is, how do you afford to go on all these cruises, especially as a student????? I am so curious!!!! Not sure how you can get back to me, but I will leave you my e mail address in case you see my comment. It is: annieguar@hotmail.com Thanks a lot and hope to hear from you sometime! Thanks.

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home